lauantai 30. kesäkuuta 2012

Silence - Hiljaisuus



This is the first weekend the children are both away. Normally my home is full of children's voices, but now there's only me, him, two silky-haired cats and the rain's soft humming on the window. It is quiet. It is calm. The happiness lives on our faces. Our thoughts gather together. "I am so happy that we found each other", says the man at the same moment I was about to say it. This happens all the time. We have a partly shared mind, I suppose.
***
Tämä on ensimmäinen viikonloppu, kun lapset ovat poissa. Yleensä kotini on täynnä lasten ääniä. Nyt täällä ovat vain mies, minä, kaksi silkkiturkkia sekä sateen kevyt hyrinä ikkunaa vasten. On hiljaista. On rauhallista. Onnellisuus asuu kasvoillamme. Ajatuksemme kietoutuvat toistensa ympäri. "Olen niin iloinen, että löysimme toisemme", sanoo mies juuri sillä hetkellä, kun olen aikeissa sanoa samaa. Tätä tapahtuu koko ajan. Meillä taitaa olla osittain yhteinen mieli.

Ei kommentteja: