perjantai 26. elokuuta 2011

Visby Houses






In the Baltic Ocean there are many interesting islands. I have had the chance to visit some of them, for example Saarenmaa in Estonia, Bornholm in Denmark and Öland (one of my childhood places) in Sweden. None of the islands has impressed me so much that I would feel the urge to go back. Gotland (Sweden) was different. I was there only three weeks ago and I already would want to go back. There is so much to see and the history of the island is extremely interesting. Pics are from Visby, again. It is an old hansa-town. The architecture and the different layers of time are beautiful. If I could, I would go back tomorrow!
***
Itämeressä on monia mielenkiintoisia saaria. Itse olen päässyt vierailemaan Virossa Saarenmaalla, Tanskassa Bornholmissa ja Ruotsissa sijaitsevassa Öölannissa, joka on osa lapsuudenmaisemaani. Mikään mainitsemistani saarista ei ole saanut minua otteeseensa samalla tavalla kuin Gotlanti. En ikävöi muille mainitsemilleni saarille, mutta Gotlantiin voisin lähteä takaisin heti huomenna. Gotlannin pääkaupungin, entisen hansakaupungin Visbyn arkkitehtuuri ja ajan patina ovat uskomattoman kauniita. Saarella on paljon nähtävää ja sen historia on kiehtova. Pakko päästä vielä takaisin. Pakko!

Ei kommentteja: